Jabba the HUTT : Rewiring from scratch
After 5 years, I'm still happy with the rewiring job I did on the yellow Rand-Lover.
I will retain the basic wiring layout, use the same size wire, and re-use the
fuse box, relay and terminal block general layout and wiring.
- All circuits fused and switched via relays.
- Blade fuses.
- Dedicated wires from relay to each headlight, bright and dim.
- Terminal block (takes crimp eyes, NOT chocolate blocks) behind dash.
- Crimp connectors (buy a decent crimping tool).
- 10A circuits for V+ and Vign, 25A for headlights.
Whatever you do, don't go to
and don't download their
-- I did, and I saw way too
many nice things that I want. This is going to get expensive.
Parts of interest :
The ANL fuses are probably overkill, but I will use something similar
to the MAXI fuses in the lines from the alternators to the batteries.
- LIT#498xxx : MIDI fuses
- LIT#298xxx : MAXI fuses
- LIT#498900 : MIDI fuse holder
- LIT#298900 : MAXI fuse holder
- BSS#51xx : ANL fuses
- BSS#5005 : ANL fuse holder
- BSS#2410 : Terminal block
- BSS#9218 : Jumper for terminal block
- BSS#9012 : 250A continuous rating solenoid (2000A intermittent!)
Separate circuit for trailer lights
Blown fuse indicators
Back to Wouter's Rand-Lover page